At Leo Corps and affiliated companies, our goal is to improve the lives of humans around the world through rigorous biomedical research and development. This value extends from our team to our donors to our clients to future patients who may benefit from research involving our products. Therefore, Leo Corps complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
We believe that all donors must be treated with respect and dignity and it is our responsibility to responsibly handle their precious donated samples. All biological samples are obtained from consented donors who have been screened for relevant medical history, including potentially infectious diseases listed in FDA standard human cellular tissue general guidelines . At Leo Corps’ contracted federal and state-regulated facility, all birth tissues and their product lines will be tested for microbial and endotoxin pathogens. Before release of these products they are reviewed by a licensed medical director and staff scientist to ensure authenticity. We adhere to all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations in sample shipping, storage, and elimination of research and development products..
All of our rules and regulations are enforced to ensure that we are generating products that researchers and clinical research staff can rely upon to be of high and consistent quality. This ensures that the donor’s contribution is respected and used to its fullest potential for maximum impact in biomedical science, that can ultimately improve the lives of people across the globe.
- We respect the power of biologics.
- We listen to those who are concerned about the implications of biologics.
- We help educate the public about biologics to enable public discourse about its implications.
- We protect the confidentiality of medical and genetic information.
- We adhere to strict informed-consent procedures.
- We are sensitive to the ethical and social issues raised by the research of cell therapy.
- We support policies that protect research integrity.
- We respect the animals involved in research.
Laws, Regulations, and Informed Consent
Leo Corps complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Cells are obtained from donors who review and sign an informed consent form. Our R&D biospecimen materials are collected, processed, and stored in accordance with the strict R&D requirements.